Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
Globalisation means that now, more than ever, there is an increasing need to bring equality, diversity and rights issues to the fore. Understanding how unconscious bias impacts business and team-work can help a business address these issues and promote inclusivity in the workplace.
This course will introduce you to issues around stereotyping, prejudice and discrimination so that you can identify and promote the fundamental rights people should enjoy.
9 -12 weeks
£724 (full funding may be available)
The recognised qualification consists of three mandatory units that promote social awareness and ethical practice of equality and diversity within a community, at work, at home and in society in general.
This course will help you recognise and examine the responsibility each person and organisation has to ensure that barriers to participation in society and business are removed. You will gain a thorough knowledge of equality laws and how workplaces should implement them.
By recognising the barriers to entry, you will be able to transform the way you engage and interact with others.
Do you have 180 hours to spend on self-led study time – at a pace that is right for you - to improve your career prospects?
Find out if you qualify for funding
How it works
All of our students will receive a registration code that will give you access to our online learning platform. Here you can access your course materials, lessons and resources. All assignments can be completed in your own time, and highly-qualified industry specialists will assess them.
Contact us to find out if you qualify for full funding.
The course comprises the following:
Unit 1: Equality and diversity in society
- Understand what equality is
- Understand what diversity is
- Understand the effects of stereotyping and labelling
- Understand the ways in which people might choose to describe themselves
Unit 2: Equality and diversity in the community
- Understand the extent of diversity within a community
- Understand the value to communities in creating and maintaining a diverse environment
- Understand the potential inequality that can occur within a community
- Understand the support services and groups that exist within a community to ensure equality and diversity is maintained
Unit 3: Equality and diversity in the workplace
- Understand the meaning of equality and diversity in the workplace
- Understand how equality and diversity is monitored in the workplace
- Understand how the rights of individuals are protected in the workplace
Your career progression
This course is the perfect starting point to further your career. You can build on your new skills with additional specialist qualifications:
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Equality and Diversity
- Level 3 Managing Equality and Diversity in Organisations
- Level 3 Diploma in Management