NCFE Level 2 Certificate in The Principles of Leading a Team
No one likes the idea that their career might one day start to stagnate. But, what if you had a little something extra on your CV to rise above the competition?
Employers are looking for employees with practical leadership skills. These leaders can increase teamwork and employee motivation to drive any business forward. Understanding different leadership styles and when to use them in different team dynamics can set you apart.
Our Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Leading a Team is a recognised qualification and the right course for anyone looking to improve their career. It will equip you with the skills, knowledge and training to inspire and lead a team.
£724 (full funding may be available)
Our course can help you to become more skilled at leading others and guiding them to achieve greater levels of success and productivity.
The course consists of eight units, developed to help you progress your career. By understanding leadership styles, team dynamics and motivation, you can apply your knowledge and successfully adapt to change. You'll also be able to recognise which management techniques will work best on different teams.
But, knowing about leadership is only half the task - developing an understanding of business environments, organisational structures, the principles of business planning and management accountability, and how to prepare for meetings and manage team performance.
All that is required is 180 hours of self-led study time – at a pace that is right for you.
Find out if you qualify for funding
How it works
All of our students will receive a registration code that will give you access to our online learning platform. Here you can access your course materials, lessons and resources. All assignments can be completed in your own time, and highly-qualified industry specialists will assess them.
To receive their qualification, students will be required to successfully complete all 3 mandatory units and 5 optional units.
Contact us to find out if you qualify for full funding.
The course comprises the following:
Unit 1: Principles of team leading
- Understand leadership styles in organisations
- Understand team dynamics
- Understand the techniques used to manage the work of teams
- Understand the impact of change management within a team
- Understand team motivation
Unit 2: Understand business
- Understand organisational structures
- Understand the business environment
- Understand the principles of business planning and finance within an organisation
- Understand business reporting within an organisation
- Understand the principles of management responsibilities and accountabilities within an organisation
Unit 3: Understand how to communicate work-related information
- Understand the principles and techniques of work-related communication
- Understand how to prepare for meetings
Unit 4: Understand how to manage performance and conflict in the workplace
- Understand the management of team performance
- Understand the management of underperformance in the workplace
- Understand the principles of conflict management
Unit 5: Understand customers
- Understand different types of customers
- Understand the value of customers and their loyalty
Unit 6: Principles of equality and diversity in the workplace
- Understand the implications of equality legislation
- Understand organisational standards and expectations for equality and diversity and context in the workplace
Unit 7: Understand how to deliver customer service and resolve problems
- Understand customer service delivery
- Understand the relationship between customer service and a brand
- Understand the resolution of customer service problems
Unit 8: Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues
- Understand the principles of effective team working
- Understand how to develop working relationships with other teams and departments
Your career progression
This course is the perfect starting point to further your career. You can build on your new skills with additional specialist qualifications:
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Management
- Level 3 Diploma in Management
- Level 3 Diploma in Management Skills and Knowledge